Web developer - Drupal Back end
UN-Habitat is looking for a web developer to help build and maintain its corporate website in Drupal 8. The duration of the assignment will be 9 months, starting from 15 July 2019 to 14 February 2020. The work is to be carried out onsite.
The position requires the work time to be carried out for the Communications and Corporate Services section. The Communications and Corporate Services section provides communications and events management services to the organization. It is responsible for positioning UN-Habitat with a positive corporate image in the public, in media and the urban development arena as a value-adding and lead partner in this area. This section ensures that public relations and development communications elements are fully integrated in the agency’s strategic plan and programmes and capacity for communications is developed across the agency. On a day-to-day basis, the consultant shall report to the Chief of Communications and Corporate Services section. This consultancy will contribute greatly towards the envisioned website for the World Urban Forum.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POST AND SPECIFIC TASKS:
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Communications and the direct supervision of the Head of Production, the web developer will be responsible for:
- Web development, primarily in Drupal and other open source systems
- Collaborate with designers, writers, project managers, clients and other developers to ensure effectiveness and quality
- Take part in the technical reviews and testing processes
- Work with other team members and stakeholders
- Create and update documentation
- Interpret user requirements and translate these into systems specifications;
- Ensure data security and consistency of online applications
- Monitor and analyze the pattern of visits to the relevant sites, keep statistics on the number of hits to each of them and present a monthly report on his/her findings
- Help prepare internal policies and procedures on the use of websites
- Apply on the URL link provided