The vacancies are located in the Finance and Budget Unit, Management and Operations Division, UN-HABITAT. With the implementation of Umoja, the individual contractor will assist in Grants management, preparation of reports and other finance matters.
CONSULTANT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Issued on: 29st June 2016
13th July 2016
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The vacancies are located in the Finance and Budget Unit, Management and Operations Division, UN-HABITAT. With the implementation of Umoja, the individual contractor will assist in Grants management, preparation of reports and other finance matters.
Umoja Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Grants and project structures creation and monitoring
- Budget implementation, distribution and closure
- Loan processing and monitoring
- Preparation of management reports
Project Accrual and accountability System (PAAS)
- Update project information in the Project Accrual and Accountability System (PAAS)
- Addition of new contribution agreements in PAAS
- Upload Project documents in K-Drive
Financial and Administrative duties
- Assist with preparation of financial reporting
- Assist in preparing correspondence and receipts to donors on funds received .
- Co-ordinate with other finance staff and respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial matters.
- Perform other related duties
- Professionalism: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment. Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; Adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors on going developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Completion of secondary education is required. Additional technical training in the field of accounting/finance, administration/statistics or directly related fields is required.
Experience in finance, budget, and administrative services or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the posts
Advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Payments will be based on deliverables over the consultancy period. There are set remuneration rates for consultancies. The rate is determined by functions performed and experience of the consultant. The fees will be paid as per agreement.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting detailed curriculum vitae in English, and a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc).
Applications received after the deadline (13/07/2016) will not be considered.
Please also be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the
All applications should be submitted to:
Deadline for applications: 13 July 2016
UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: email@example.com