Registration now open for COVID-19 vaccination at UNON Joint Medical Service (JMS), UN Gigiri Complex
Further to the JMS broadcast on Thursday 18 March 2021 on the availability of COVID-19 vaccination services to UN personnel and Diplomatic Missions in Kenya, this is to announce that registration is now open for the Ministry of Health vaccination exercise to be launched at UNON JMS on 23 March 2021. The vaccination programme is planned to proceed daily thereafter from 9.00am to 3.00pm Monday through Thursday and from 9am to 1pm on Fridays.
- The vaccine will be deployed in accordance with eligibility criteria approved by the Host Country and endorsed by the UN COVID-19 Crisis Management Team, including the prioritization framework. We will start with:
- UN personnel and dependents who are healthcare workers, critical / essential workers, uniformed / disciplined personnel, humanitarian frontline workers, adults with underlying medical conditions.
- Diplomats and dependents of Diplomatic Missions accredited in Kenya whose names have been approved by the Kenyan authorities as per a regularly updated list provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
2. All UN personnel and dependents wishing to be vaccinated are asked to please CLICK HERE to complete the UNON COVID19 Vaccination booking form. One form is filled per person. Please click the link again to complete a new form for your eligible dependent. You will then wait for a confirmation message on your scheduled vaccination date and time slot. Please do not come to the vaccination center outside of your assigned vaccination date and time slot. If the link does not function for you, please complete the attached excel sheet and submit by email to the address: email@example.com
3. Your identification details will be shared with UN Security for purposes of gaining access to the UN compound for your appointment. To ensure that the exercise proceeds in an efficient and safe manner, you will be expected to follow directions from officials on the ground.
- On the day of your appointment, please ensure that you carry the following documents that will be required:
- Diplomatic ID (mandatory for international personnel and members of the diplomatic corps, not applicable for national personnel)
- UN ground Pass (applicable for UN personnel and dependents)
- National ID or Passport as may be applicable
- Yellow vaccine booklet if available
5. On arrival at the vaccination tent, you can expect to be given a vaccination consent form to complete and sign as part of the vaccination eligibility screening, before having the vaccine administered to you. You will then be expected to remain on location for about 15 to 20 minutes before leaving. You can thereafter expect to be contacted for the second dose after an 8-week interval.
6. Learn more details what you need to know on the Astra Zeneca vaccine for COVID-19 including the effects, side effects, precautions and other information by Clicking here for the Information Package Leaflet.