COVID-19: STAY SAFE, STAY MOTIVATED!
JMS wishes you continued health and wellness during this COVID-19 period.
The challenging times are still with us with more than 20 million persons diagnosed with COVID-19 globally and more than 25,000 infections confirmed in Kenya.
Until an effective vaccine or treatment is available, the recommended public health measures will remain important in combating COVID-19 globally and locally.
It is not unusual to experience alertness fatigue or even frustration from constantly applying COVID-19 prevention measures. If unchecked however, this situation may cause us to
let our guard down at a crucial moment e.g by attending a party or improperly wearing our face covering when in a vulnerable public space.
We therefore need to stay motivated and encourage each other as households and colleagues to continue practicing these measures even when they feel inconvenient.
The key PREVENTION MEASURES are re-stated below:
- Use of Face covering or Face masks: Properly wearing and properly handling face coverings will assist in preventing spread of COVID-19 in the community.
- Consistent practice of Hand hygiene: Remember to perform hand hygiene frequently with alcohol-based hand rub (minimum 60% alcohol) for at least 20 seconds,
or wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 40 seconds. Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Physical distancing: Avoid close physical contact with others, including shaking hands and hugging. Maintain physical distance of at least 2m between yourself and others.
- Respiratory hygiene: Cover your nose and mouth with a bent elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue immediately after use and perform hand hygiene.
- Stay home if unwell: This can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 at work. Contact JMS on the 24/7 number (0724 255378) to seek advice and discuss concerns or symptoms
related to COVID-19. Inform your supervisor that you will be staying at home and will seek medical assistance.
It is also important to continue taking care of your MENTAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH as follows:
- Regular exercise: Engage in home physical fitness routines, get UN Recreation Center tips and participate in their fitness videos, get some sun and exercise in safe open spaces if available.
- Nutrition: No food, nutrient or supplement can prevent COVID 19 infection. However, a balanced healthy diet rich in protective foods can boost one’s immunity.
Turmeric, Garlic, Ginger, Zinc, Vitamin C & Vitamin D are also well known to boost immunity.
- Staying motivated: Do what motivates you! e.g Reading a motivating book or listening to positive messages.
- Stay informed by reading our regular JMS broadcasts and other reliable health sources such as WHO health updates.
- Avoid gatherings but maintain safe social connection with friends, family, or colleagues.
- Seek professional help when you need it- JMS Staff counselors are available for counseling support and can be reached online or through cell numbers: 0728 961 939 or 0793 484 333
- Avoid stigma in relation to COVID-19. Remember that anyone can get COVID-19.
When we CLOSELY OBSERVE OUR HEALTH, we can avoid late diagnosis of COVID-19 or avert the unfortunate spread of infection to loved ones and colleagues.
Keep an eye for below symptoms that may point towards COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath.
- Sore throat.
- Body aches and fatigue.
- Sudden loss of ability to smell or taste.
- Abdominal discomfort or diarrhea with any of above symptoms.
Even when one is asymptomatic with COVID-19, self-monitoring is still important because long term health effects are still possible for all age groups after infection.
Do not self-medicate while ignoring persistent symptoms that need to be properly evaluated by a medical practitioner.
KEEP SAFE AND HEALTHY!
JMS 24/7 emergency call line: Tel: +254 724 255 378 OR Email: email@example.com